If it’s the small details, the ones we don’t notice, that gives our lives nuance, these are the little things that happened on my last day at work. Highly telling or not.
- My staff gave me the most wonderful, handmade scrapbook which opens with the quote: “Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you” Carl Sandburg. As careful as I was on not giving too many details about myself, I have to give them credit: they get me.
- I am a sucker for a surprise party, especially the one I really don’t expect. How did they pull it off? I am more of a fool that I believe I am
- In all the commotion, I lost my reading glasses. Serves me right. I always thought that having two pairs is the thing to do and never got around to it.
- Saying goodbye is emotionally exhausting.
- Eating cake at 10 in the morning does indeed mean you will crash at noon. Good reminder not to load on sugar early in the morning.
- Being able to nap in the middle of the day is exhilarating.
- Loving what you do, makes everything worthwhile.
- Real friends lurk in all nooks and crannies. Always keep your eyes peeled.