Richard of remcooks.com surprised me and nominated me for a Sunshine Award which I gladly accept. I am always in awe of home cooks who are so dedicated to food and creativity and remcooks is definitely one of them. Maybe because I cook for a living, and am not always willing to come home and cook some more, I envy and admire those who spend so much of their time coming up with recipes, cooking, photographing and then sharing. So the 10 blogs I am nominating for this award all have one feature in common: dedication to a craft, a cause or just their blog.
The Rules of the Sunshine Award are 1) Accept the award; 2) post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link; 3) answer the questions below; 4) pass the award to 10 other blogs providing links to their blogs; and 5) contacting them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
1. favorite color? – Powder Blue, I find it calming
2. favorite animal? – My one and only Ottie dog
3. favorite number? – 7, mystical number par excellence
4. favorite color? – Same as before
5. favorite drink? – My concoction of Campari, sparkling lemonade and ice. It doesn’t have a name yet but suggestions are welcome
6. Facebook or Twitter? – Neither. I am an extremely private person and I don’t care for the world to know what I am doing or thinking at any given time
7. what is your passion? – Writing, reading, cooking, loving – oh, I should have limited myself to one?
8. giving or getting presents? – Everyone says “giving” but I will have to be honest, as much as I love to see the surprise and the pleasure on the recipients of my gifts, it’s getting.
9. favorite day of the week? – Monday, because it feels like a new beginning
10. favorite flower? – Tulips because they are cheerful
1. My Body, the City – the secret life of a call girl – A former call girl now dedicating her life to freeing other young women trapped in the hell of prostitution secretlifeofamanhattancallgirl.wordpress.com
2. Acorn in my the Kitchen – A Brit living in Spain who delights me with his regional recipes and his soundtracks acorninmykitchen.wordpress.com
3. Cristian Mihai – A writer not only dedicated to his craft but also to sharing what he has learnt cristianmihai.net
4. Stefan’s Gourmet Blog – Like Richard, a man who is not afraid to experiment in the kitchen, with much success stefangourmet
5. Maggie’s One Butt Kitchen – From one pastry chef to another: you rock maggiesonebuttkitchen.wordpress.com
6. Looking for Pemberley – Because I have a soft spot for Jane Austen’s devotees www.lookingforpemberley.com
7. Adventures of a Brown Kid – a lovely young man who just started blogging to try to make sense of things adventuresofabrownkid.wordpress.com
8. For your Good Health – Marcella has a wonderful green thumb and inspires me to get my butt in my garden foryourgoodhealth
9. Crunchy Betty – For her awesome, wholesome and money saving suggestions www.crunchybetty.com
10. Strasparlando – You need to speak Italian for this one. Luisa has a wicked sense of humour strasparlando.wordpress.com